The Hi mDAC outperforms anything in its price class and compares favourably to digital-to-analog converters and headphone amplifiers costing significantly more. It provides the listener with truly full-range sound with commanding bass and an impressive full-frequency response. The improvement in sound quality is easy to hear.
Many low cost portable DACs can only decode up to 24-bit/96kHz PCM and do not support DSD decoding. The Hi mDAC is capable of decoding sample rates ranging from 44.1kHz to 384kHz (PCM) as well as native DSD decoding ranging from DSD 64 up to DSD 256, making it the most capable USB-powered portable DAC on the market today!
The Hi mDAC is compatible with a wide range of devices — Apple computers and iOS devices, including iPhones and iPads, all PCs and many Android devices.
The Hi mDAC is one of the smallest high performance USB DACs available on the market today. Measuring just 5.0cm x 2.2cm x 1.2cm, the Hi mDAC can travel easily in your pocket, backpack or briefcase. With a USB cable that connects to your iOS device or Android, it’s a great way to get improved sound quality from your smartphone or tablet.
OUTSTANDING SOUND & BUILD QUALITY
If you’ve only listened to music through your existing computer sound card or the built-in DAC in your iOS or Android device, you will find this USB powered external DAC an unmistakable improvement in sound quality. If you have an older external DAC that can only decode 24-bit/96kHz PCM, the Hi mDAC will allow you to hear and feel more of your favorite music. The superior sound will provide a definite upgrade to your listening experience.
The chassis is CNC machining from two pieces of aluminum with precise mechanical specifications.
- 32-bit/384kHz PCM and native DSD 256 decoding
- Discrete USB audio receiver and D/A converter. Asynchronous transfer mode for doubled jitter-reduction at data input and over-sampling filter stages
- High-performance headphone amplifier
- Optical output (shared with 3.5mm headphone out) capable of S/PDIF and DoP stream
- USB powered, no external power supply required. It can be powered directly by mobile phones
- USB port
- Works with Android (4.1 & above with OTG), iOS (with camera adapter USB cable), Windows 7/8/10, & Mac. Windows device driver download is required; other devices do not need a driver.
- Input: 1 X USB (32-bit/384kHz & DSD256 decoding)
- Output: 3.5mm analog or 3.5mm optical (PCM 192kHz, DoP64)
- Frequency Response: 20-20kHz +/- 0.5dB
- S/N Ratio: > 100 dB (20-20kHz A-weighted)
- THD+N: 0.005% @ 1mW