In a modern high-end DAC, the preamp stage plays a prominent role in determining the sound qualify and characteristics. AMG DAC preamp design features:
- Output stage voltage amplification employing all discrete components.
- Output stage current amplification utilising a high-speed amplifier with complete discrete components.
- “Current transmitter” has no negative feedback amplifier.
The sound is natural and relaxed with no hint of digital. Users can hear a very open sense of live performance space with a focused sound field. The guitar and piano melody naturally scattered in the listening space, making people relax and immerse themselves in it, transforming the stiff strings into natural and smooth sounds.
As the heart of an audio system, the AMG-DAC supports an extensive number of inputs and formats. Dual ESS Technology 32-bit audio DAC ESS9038Q2M independently decode left and right channels improve channel separation and reducing overall noise. The Vishay professional film MELF resistors provide excellent sound quality.
Muses 8820 DAC IV Circuit
Dual ESS DACs
Other notable features:
- Muses 72320 volume control.
- NuPrime SRC IC chip (co-developed with IC vendor) provides DSP processing where input signals are up-sampled to megahertz before down-converted to the targeted sampling rate with ultra-low jitter and distortion.
- Extension port for Bluetooth receiver and WiFi audio streamer (optional).
- Full microprocessor control with memory retention.
- Supports DSD native playback by ASIO2.1 and DoP method.
- Ultra-low-noise JFETs in the input stage for the lowest possible noise floor.
- Individually adjustable volume on each input for precise level matching of sources.
- Asynchronous transfer mode.