NuPrime Evolution DAC-2 utilizes dual ESS Technology 32-bit audio DAC ESS9038Q2M to decode independently left and right channels to improve channel separation and reduce overall noise. It supports nine digital inputs and two analog inputs for complete system flexibility. The power circuit of Evolution DAC-2 has been redesigned from the ground up using C-Core transformers to meet the highest performance requirement of the NuPrime Evolution Series.
Ultra Clean Power Circuit
C-Core Transformer and Large Capacitor Bank
The filtered AC power is then fed to the AC power supply that utilizes C-Core transformers which has less stray flux than conventional ring type transformers. The stainless steel enclosures for the power supply provides shielding to minimize the transformer noise interference affecting other sensitive circuitry.
A large capacitor bank (around 60,000uF) using specialized capacitors, supplies ample and stable power to the analog and digital circuitry.
A Reference Class Preamp
The EVO DAC-2 includes a reference class preamp that utilizes Nisshinbo Micro Device’s MUSES8820 operational amplifier and MUSES72320V electronic volume as its preamplifier circuit architecture. The MUSES8820 is optimized for high-end audio equipment, producing the finest sound quality that emulates the live performance of an orchestra in a hall. On the other hand, the MUSES72320 is a 2-channel electronic volume control designed with advanced circuitry and layout for high-end audio applications. It has low noise and distortion characteristics and utilizes a resistance ladder circuit for highly linear volume control of hi-fi audio systems. Together, these components make the EVO DAC-2 an exceptional preamp, capable of producing a high-quality sound that accurately captures the
nuances and details of a live performance.
- NuPrime PSRC IC chip provides sample rate up/down conversion processing, from PCM 44.1kHz to PCM 768kHz and DSD64 to DSD512 (including PCM to/from DSD).
- A proprietary NuPrime implementation capable of decoding DoP formats via coaxial and optical inputs (to support NuPrime source and server devices that are able to output DoP stream in addition to S/PDIF).
- Output Level variable or fixed mode.
- Analog outputs channel setting (both outputs can be set to Right, Left, R + L or L + R)
- Display brightness adjustment.
- Nine digital inputs and two analog input for complete system flexibility. Full microprocessor control with memory retention for all inputs.
- Custom designed non-linear volume curve.
- USB Asynchronous transfer mode.
- USB Supports DSD native playback by ASIO and DoP method. DSD is decoded natively with the same sample rate as the input source.
- All digital Supports native MQA decode.
- Individually adjustable volume on each input for precise level matching of sources
- Exclusive driver software for Windows, standard driver software for Mac
- NuPrime vibration-free isolation feet.
- Available in black or silver anodized aluminum finish