A Reference LE Class Multi-Channel Amplifier
The NuPrime MCH-K38 is a Reference LE class multi-channel amplifier designed for uncompromising home theater and music listening. With its quality parts throughout and an advanced 550kHz switching amplifier operation, the MCH-K38 delivers a full 210 watts into 4 and 8 Ohms per channel. Each pair of output channels can be bridged to double the power to 400W at 4 and 8 Ohms. The NuPrime MCH-K38 comes with 8 sets of RCA and true balanced XLR inputs. A self-resonant design, the amp’s 550 kHz PWM switching frequency constantly adjusts to the input signal, output current demands, and loudspeaker impedance variations. Exemplary speed, accuracy and exquisite dynamics nicely describes NuPrime's signature sound.
The MCH-K38 amplifier is derived from the ULCAM (Ultra Linear Class A Module)+Class D design first introduced in IDA-8. By joining a powerful high impedance single-ended amplifier circuit in the preamp stage with a well integrated Class-D power stage, the MCH-K38’s rich tube-like sound and tremendous speed is sure to impress audio enthusiasts. By utilizing a 1000W power supply and CMA capacitor array, the MCH-K38 fully exploits the Class A+D design’s ability to deliver massive amounts of power and speed when needed by a single or multi channels.
The NuPrime Sound
- Vast soundstage
- Wide, lightning-fast dynamics
- Ultra-low distortion and noise
- Music emerges from a pristine background, with delicate details and nuances intact
In summary, NuPrime’s sonic character stands well apart from – and indeed above – the soft, cushy sound we often associate with most tubed amplification or the dry, edgy sound we often associate with solid-state and switching technology. Rarely does an amp achieve an ideal balance of richly textured timbres and harmonics, bottom-end authority, startling dynamics, exquisite low-level detail, and a fully revealed, fully dimensional soundstage against a backdrop of mile-deep silence.
- RCA: Un-Balanced input x 8
- XLR: Balanced input x 8
- Stereo Speaker Out x 8 or Mono Speaker Out x 4
- Power: 8 X 210W at 4 & 8 Ohms / 4 X 400W @ 4 & 8 Ohms. MCH-K38 is able to maintain the same power rating at 8 Ohms due to a large power supply.
- Input Impedance: 47k Ohms
- Gain: x 22
- Signal to Noise Ratio: < -80dB at 1W, 10W, 100W
- THD+N: 0.02% (Stereo) / 0.01% (Mono)
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 50kHz
- Worldwide AC voltage: (115 VAC / 230 VAC)
- AC Fuse: Slow-blow, 7A, 250VAC
- Dimension: 430.3 mm W x 378.7 mm D x 98.55 mm H (including feet)
- Weight: 14.5 kg
- Color: Black